Shoeless Joe Jackson and Terrance Mann might’ve known a thing or two about getting people to a new ballpark in the middle of an Iowa cornfield. But they don’t know jack about driving traffic to a new or redesigned website. If you build it, they still probably won’t come. So what do you do?
Here are some great resources from around the web on how to get your new site off the ground fast.
- Promoting Your New (or Redesigned) Website: These are some pretty good grassroots ideas on getting the word out. Most of these are something anyone can do in a relatively short amount of time.
- Promoting Your Website (Headscape): I found this interesting just in the fact that the writer suggests using some more traditional ways of communicating to get the word out.
- How to Launch Your Website to Internet Stardom: Just some quick ideas on link building and link exchange. Nothing new, but definitely worth a reminder.
- Don’t Launch That New Website Yet: If you’re launching a new design on the same domain, be sure you read through this article first. There’s a lot you’ve invested in that old design that can help you get a leg up with the new design, so leverage it.
- How to Launch a New Website and Quickly Attract Traffic: Here’s a simple list of tactics to get traffic flowing quick: press releases, blogs, articles, directories and pay-per-click.
- Free SEO Tools: Here’s a link to some useful Search Engine Optimization Tools.
Got any other ideas on launching a site?
Posted in Internet Marketing, Launches, Marketing, Website Design
Tagged Business, Design, eCommerce, How To, Internet Marketing, PPC, Promotion, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Traffic, Web 2.0, Web Marketing