Read this post at MarketingInProgress.com (Brett’s new blog).
Get the full details of the Murad case study of the Google Content Network at MarketingInProgress.com, the best marketing blog for entrepreneurs.
Often the red-headed stepchild of pay-per-click advertising, AdWord placement in Google’s content network is often frowned upon and shied away from. Not so for skincare distributor Murad. This article from Internet Retailer details how Murad was able to increase sales by 15% via ads on Google’s content network.
The campaign’s success had lead Murad to restructure its approach to paid search, according to Katherine LaFranchise, senior director of online marketing for Murad. “”We used to think that content advertising was only useful for increasing search conversions, but we found you can achieve direct return on investment from content campaigns,” she says.
It’s interesting that only one site from the network is mentioned as being the prime generator of traffic.
What’s the smallest niche you can think of for your company? What website(s) do those people visit? Is there any way you can get involved?
Posted in Search Marketing
Tagged AdSense, AdWords, Google, Internet Marketing, Murad, Pay-Per-Click, PPC, Search Marketing, SEO, Skin care, Web Marketing
Shoeless Joe Jackson and Terrance Mann might’ve known a thing or two about getting people to a new ballpark in the middle of an Iowa cornfield. But they don’t know jack about driving traffic to a new or redesigned website. If you build it, they still probably won’t come. So what do you do?
Here are some great resources from around the web on how to get your new site off the ground fast.
- Promoting Your New (or Redesigned) Website: These are some pretty good grassroots ideas on getting the word out. Most of these are something anyone can do in a relatively short amount of time.
- Promoting Your Website (Headscape): I found this interesting just in the fact that the writer suggests using some more traditional ways of communicating to get the word out.
- How to Launch Your Website to Internet Stardom: Just some quick ideas on link building and link exchange. Nothing new, but definitely worth a reminder.
- Don’t Launch That New Website Yet: If you’re launching a new design on the same domain, be sure you read through this article first. There’s a lot you’ve invested in that old design that can help you get a leg up with the new design, so leverage it.
- How to Launch a New Website and Quickly Attract Traffic: Here’s a simple list of tactics to get traffic flowing quick: press releases, blogs, articles, directories and pay-per-click.
- Free SEO Tools: Here’s a link to some useful Search Engine Optimization Tools.
Got any other ideas on launching a site?
Posted in Internet Marketing, Launches, Marketing, Website Design
Tagged Business, Design, eCommerce, How To, Internet Marketing, PPC, Promotion, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, SEO, Traffic, Web 2.0, Web Marketing
- The Internal Blog: I’ve thought about doing this a few times. Not for anyone else to see, so much, but for my own sake. How many ideas do you have that get lost, either from your memory or in the midst of having to do everything else?
- FreeRice.com: Improve your vocabulary, and feed the hungry at the same time. I scored a vocab score of 30 in about 5 minutes, and generated about 240 grains of rice. Thanks, again, to Seth.
- Pay-Per-Click Basics: Here’s a quick and informative read on using optimizing your PPC campaigns. It’s a series of 3 posts, so start with this link and then continue on.
- The 7 Bad Email Habits that Make People Want to Kill You: Hands down the best advice I’ve ever read on avoiding the pitfalls of email communication.
- NBC Gets Green: Here’s someone who expressed what the rest of us were thinking.
- Tom Brokaw and the Generations: Nice commentary by Ron on Tom Brokaw’s comparison of ’68 to today’s generation. My comments are on the post.
- PR is useless: Good post, even though I’m in the middle of finding someone to help me with PR at work.
- Steven Colbert Video: A good bit of humor from South Carolina’s, and maybe the country’s, new favorite son.
Posted in Weekend Reading
Tagged , , , , Blogging, Charity, Communication, Diary, Email, Environmentalism, Green is Universal, Internet Marketing, Journaling, Life, Pay-Per-Click, PPC, PR, SEM, SEO, Steven Colbert, Tom Brokaw, Video, Web Marketing, Writing