Here are some great posts I found over the weekend:
- Top 15 logos of All-Time: StartUp Blog offers these time-tested logos. I find it interesting that the cross tops the list, but it makes sense. However, there are a few on there that I definite question, like Swatch, Quicksilver and Woolmark.
- Parcells’ Impact on the Cowboys: With all the jawing between Keyshawn and T.O. this past week, it makes sense to stop and give credit where it’s due. To me, it’s simple: Parcells was great for player development for the Boys, and not a good fit as a coach.
- Could It Spread?: Here’s #2 from Start-Up Blog, a nifty idea on spreading the word about a new site. I love watching the guy breakdance – it makes me start looking for my parachute pants. I give the tactic 2 thumbs up.
- The Short Life of the Chief Marketing Officer: Read this in the BusinessWeek from November 29. The main point: CMOs avg. 26 months at a job, the shortest of any executive. I’ll have more on this in a separate post, but for now, give it a read – it’s good.
- NY Times Readership Jumps 64%: Amazing what happens when you don’t charge people to read your website! And just think of all the ad revenue that will no doubt eclipse any revenue they got while charging readers.
Related Posts: Weekend Reading Tag on WordPress.