Good reading from a good weekend:
- Take Home Bag vs. Fake Home Bag: Ed puts things in perspective a bit about taking work home. Why are you doing it? How often do you really do it? Do you really have to do it?
- SES Session: Landing Page Optimization: Search Engine Marketing is fascinating to me. Part of it has to do with how constructing a strong landing page dedicated to a key benefit of your product and/or a key search term provides a microcosm of how all marketing should be. This post explains it better than I can – just apply it to all your tactics.
- Taking the Shine Off Viral: Raw Stylus comments on a recent post by TechCrunch on the “dirty” work behind a successful viral marketing campaign. I’m torn between the two stances. On the one hand, something does feel a little bit shady about the way the writer describes the steps in making a video take off. On the other hand, it seems like just a little push to get the ball rolling.
- All the Things, Part 5: I stumbled upon this new blog that I think I’ll check out for just a while. I like this only because I had a similar revelation about the 4 things that seem to be present to some extent when life is happy. That’s what Matthew has done here. Ironically, my four areas were writing, teaching, music and leadership.
- Monday NFL Thoughts: a nice collection of opinions from a fairly interesting weekend in the NFL.