- Why do used car salesmen think they have to yell at me in a dumb hick voice and tell me that “they don’t care how I git there, just git there.”
- Why do furniture store salesmen lurk in the interior ‘circle’ of the store while you shop the perimeter of the store, popping up out of their ambush with a sniper’s attention the minute you pause for one second?
- Why do cell phone kiosk salesmen in malls assault me every time I walk by, wanting to see my phone?
- Why do charity telemarketers always tell me they are counting on my donation this year just like they did last year, even though I never donated last year?
- Why do gym membership salesmen work on commission, when most people are looking for a gym that makes them comfortable, more than anything? (and there’s nothing more uncomfortable than spending time with most commissioned salespeople).
- Why do Jehovah’s Witnesses keep showing up at my door even if I nicely tell them I’m not interested in changing religions today?
The sad thing is that most of the above tactics are based in a motivated form of trickery, aggression, lying or all of the above.