Well, Brett’s Blog is now 90 days old, and it has been one of the best projects I’ve ever done. And I’ve learned a lot. A whole lot. And I want to share (I mean, this is a blog, right?).
So here’s the plan: over the next week or two, I’ll post a lesson to complete the series of lessons learned. If you’re just starting to blog, or even if you’ve been doing it a while, this might be pretty handy. I’ll probably mostly share my mistakes I made early on, and keep making, and what I’ve done to at least partially fix them. Should be pretty interesting, but definitely too much for just one blog post. So, we’ll do it in parts.
In the meantime, here are some interesting stats and tidbits from the first 90 days of blogging. And, if you’ve been reading all along, thanks!
- Total views = 4,862 (avg. 54 views a day. I don’t really know if this is good or bad. If anyone has some good blog stats to send my way and let me know, I would much appreciate it).
- Total posts = 88
- Most views in a single day = 272 (April 5 – I’ll tell you why in a later post in the series).
- The post most viewed to date = CarbEase, Dr. Harry Preuss and AdvoCare (I’ll tell you why this was so popular, too).
- Total Comments = 188 (again, don’t know if that’s good – I do know I wish I had more).
- People who read via feeds = approx. 15-25 a day (this are in addition to views listed above). By the way, if you don’t use RSS feeds to read blogs, you’re probably wasting time. Here’s a great explanation of what they are, so check it out if you need to.
- Total # of times my Dad has commented to something I’ve written about = 0
- Total # of times my Dad has commented to something my friend Casey has commented = twice.
OK, that’s it for now. But here’s a question: which post has been your favorite so far? Check out the archives (“The Vault”) if you need to refresh your memory.
UPDATES – Links to the series: